18.3.09

Spinach Stuffed Tofu ‒ Pinaattitäytetty tofu

I used to eat fish for about ten years after I had given up red meat. (Which was probably better since the small country town I grew up in hadn't even heard of soy or proper nutrition recommendations back then. Luckily kids today have the Internet.) I've never been a fan of fish meat itself, but I liked certain factory-made fish steaks or more precisely their filling. Ironically, that spinach filling is the thing I've missed after becoming a vegetarian.

Seeing Lelly's delicious sounding recipe from beautiful Scotland, I knew immediately how I'd tweak it. So this isn't exactly a tradditional Finnish , but it could (and hopefully will) be. Especially if it was springtime and I could use fresh nettle instead of spinach. Besides, I have to post this just to show that photo that alone makes me drool.

- 2 nice blocks of extra firm tofu (I used 270 g pieces of smoked type)
- 150 g frozen spinach (or better, 1 l fresh nettle leaves)
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chili

For crusting:
- 3/4 dl flour
- 3/4 dl nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp mustard

Defrost the spinach or cook the nettle so it's soft. Mix together with all the other filling ingredients. Dry the tofu blocks and hollow them with a knife. (This is tricky. I managed to make several holes in them with a too sharp headed knife. My advice is to make a clean, square cut with a knife and continue scooping with a nicely shaped tea spoon.) Fill them, but not too full so they won't explode in the oven. Cover the opening with the scooped out tofu bits. Wrap in folio with the remaining filling so that the outsides get some taste too. Let them marinate for at least an hour. (They don't mind spending the whole night like that either.)

Put the tofus in a 200°C oven for half an hour. (Heads up so the filling won't pour out.) Let them cool down a bit. Mix the flour and the yeast on a plate. Heat up your frying pan. Cover the tofus with mustard using your fingers, roll in the flour mix and place on the hot frying pan. Fry from both sides.

Nutritional values / 1 piece / 400 g
energy 583 kcal
fat 39 g
protein 51 g
carbohydrates 9 g
fiber 9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osta neljä tuotetta ja maksat vain kolmesta - Luomutallin kampanjatuotteet näet täältä


Teekauppa.fi - laadukasta teetä netistä
Ostoskorin loppusummasta vähennetään viisi euroa ja toimitus tapahtuu ilman postikuluja.
Syötä ostoskoriin kuponkikoodi:

syysteet

Tilauksen on oltava vähintään 35 eur, mistä jää maksettavaksi 30 eur.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...