26.3.09

Sea Buckthorn Parfait ‒ Tyrnijäädyke

My mother-in-law and her husband came for a visit. We never have anything to offer with coffee so they've learned to bring their own buns. Thought this time I'd surprise them and moreover, my spouse.

The idea comes pretty much from Finfood's recipe. This was my first enocunter with agar so I had no idea how much I need it but this amount seemed to do well enough. Can't imagine any more elitist sounding dessert than sea buckthorn parfait (which is probably why I wanted to try this in the first place) yet it tasted absolutely decadent. This can also be done with black currant or any other sour berry juice. Both sea buckthorn and black currant contain an excessive amount of vitamin C by the way. Too bad it doesn't store.

1 small apple
2 dl sea buckthorn juice
1 dl water
1 dl sugar
2 dl whippable oat cream
2 tbsp agar-agar

Grate the apple and mix it with the juice. Mix the agar with the water and boil them for at least five minutes. Add the sugar and boil them another five minutes, enough to make it look like a pot full of pearls. Combine it with the juice as well. Put in the freezer for an hour and remember to stir occasionally. In the meanwhile whip the cream. Fuse it carefully with the rest. This time let the parfait freeze thoroughly. Half an hour before it's time to serve the parfait flip it over onto a plate as if you were taking ice cubes from a mold.

Didn't have any whole sea buckthorn berries (Although I soon will since my mother-in-law promised me some from their backyard.) so I quickly decorated the parfait with soy chocolate pudding where I added more cocoa (Some leftover cream with that cocoa would've probably done better.) and orange slices which I marinated in peppermint oil, sea buckthorn juice and brandy.

Nutritional values / 725 g:
energy 960 kcal
fat 43 g
protein 2 g
carbohydrates 137 g
fiber 4 g

3 comments:

  1. Sea Buckthorn Oil is one of the most complete supplements I have found. The fact that I can enjoy it in a tasty parfait makes it that much sweeter!
    http://sibu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea buckthorn is a powerful antioxidant, thanks to its very high vitamin C, carotenoid, and phenolic content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I have a lot of them waiting in the freezer. Perhaps I should start inventing more recipes for them.

    ReplyDelete

Osta neljä tuotetta ja maksat vain kolmesta - Luomutallin kampanjatuotteet näet täältä


Teekauppa.fi - laadukasta teetä netistä
Ostoskorin loppusummasta vähennetään viisi euroa ja toimitus tapahtuu ilman postikuluja.
Syötä ostoskoriin kuponkikoodi:

syysteet

Tilauksen on oltava vähintään 35 eur, mistä jää maksettavaksi 30 eur.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...