27.2.09

Spinach Soup ‒ Pinaattisoppa

I was forced to eat spinach soup in school. I couln't. I felt throwing up as I tried to swallow just a spoonful. It felt like glue and tasted plain disgusting. Nowadays it's one of my favourite foods.

For some reason, I can't seem to find any normal spinach soup recipe in English. Didn't consider it to be an especially Finnish treat, but maybe I was wrong. As a kid I though I felt I was going to throw up when I was forced to eat it in school but today it's one of my favourite soups. This is as simple as it gets:

- 300 g frozen spinach (or 1,5 litres of fresh nettle leaves)
- 1 liter oat milk or soy milk
- 3 tbsp wheat flour (or potato flour)
- salt

Pour about 2 dl milk into a cup and dissolve the flour in it. Put the rest of the milk in a pot and let it come to a boil. Remember to stir or it will pour all over the stove. Mix in the flour milk and let it come to a boil again. Now throw in the spinach and some salt. Keep stirring. When the soup starts to look even, add some more salt. (Did I ever claim this was some health blog?) Spoon it into a bowl and add a fresh dose of salt. Taste if it's salty enough. If not, sprinkle salt.

It's possible to add some other spices as well, but only rather mild ones. Be careful, otherwise you'll just ruin the delicate taste.

Of course, like any spinach food this would be even better with young nettles. We'll get back to that in springtime.

Nutritional values / 1330 g
Energy 447 kcal
Fat 14 g
Protein 31 g
Carbohydrates 46 g
Fiber 28 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osta neljä tuotetta ja maksat vain kolmesta - Luomutallin kampanjatuotteet näet täältä


Teekauppa.fi - laadukasta teetä netistä
Ostoskorin loppusummasta vähennetään viisi euroa ja toimitus tapahtuu ilman postikuluja.
Syötä ostoskoriin kuponkikoodi:

syysteet

Tilauksen on oltava vähintään 35 eur, mistä jää maksettavaksi 30 eur.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...